Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the consumer and professional marketing strategies for ReShape. He/She will be responsible for championing the voice of the patient and physician and marketing point of view in assessment and prioritization of development projects and programs, input to new product design, ongoing pricing and lifecycle management.
This individual will play a leadership role in defining commercial viability and competitive differentiation for new product and service offerings. Responsible for continuously monitoring market needs, defining options, assessing possibilities and providing recommendations supported by analytics.
- Drive the development of marketing plans and the attainment of marketing objectives. Outline the key business drivers, competitive threats and differentiation/market leadership strategies to drive company value and effectively communicate them to company management.
- Drive sales forecast process consistent with marketing objectives and oversee the preparation of marketing budgets. Monitor spending and maintain spending levels within budget.
- Manage team of marketing professionals to operational excellence in marketing strength and execution.
- Develop Key Opinion Leader relationships among bariatric surgeon, GI, and plastic surgeon customer base.
- Lead patient acquisition, patient engagement, and patient-oriented education initiatives.
- Lead commercial deliverables related to product/service management including the product profile, service offerings, pricing recommendations, development of key claims and marketing strategy.
- Lead user group meetings, vision symposia and other group/meeting related venues to drive awareness, interest, educate and gain feedback.
- Define marketing clinical strategy related to future data needs, study identification, abstract and paper submissions, and clinical selling tools.
- Determine tradeshow presence/objectives, physician training, sales training, and other training opportunities and initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree is required. MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in medical device marketing is required. Experience in both Professional and Consumer marketing is strongly preferred. Digital marketing and social media experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a start-up environment or entrepreneurial business segment preferred.
- Ability to develop forecast and financial models, analyze impact of changes to key variables and effectively communicate implications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a cross functional team and/or direct reports.
- Extensive experience with physicians and ability to network and develop relationships with key potential customers.
- Proven ability to think strategically and have strong analytical skills
- Travel: 20-40%